Several reasons to choose an OTORINOLARINGOLOGIST specialty
What is the essence of the work of an ENT doctor: diagnosis, prevention, conservative and surgical treatment of the whole spectrum of diseases of the ear, throat, nose, as well as surgical treatment of diseases of the head and neck.
The profession belongs to the section of surgery, the student chooses his own specialization.
The beauty of the profession also lies in the varieties of its narrow specializations. The doctor can become a specialist, and this will make him very popular. An ENT doctor can work in the following areas:
audiology – diagnosis and treatment of hearing impairment;
Phoniatrics – specializes in the treatment of the vocal apparatus;
otoneurology – a wide area covering diseases that arose against the background of malfunction and brain injuries (pathology of the auditory and vestibular apparatus, etc.);
plastic surgery – performing all types of reconstructive and aesthetic interventions.
The advantages of studying at the Department of Otorhinolaryngology and Dentistry TMA are fundamental academic education, maximum practice and immersion in the profession from the very beginning of training!
At the Department of Otorhinolaryngology, highly qualified personnel are trained in the specialty: “Otorhinolaryngology
Training is carried out in 2 types:
Master (3 years)
Residency (2 years)
on a budgetary and contractual basis in accordance with the state educational standard. The training program provides an in-depth study of the modern aspects of the etiology, pathogenesis, clinic and methods of treating ENT diseases and consolidating the theoretical foundations under the guidance of teachers on the basis of clinical hospitals and outpatient treatment facilities. All major issues of scientific and therapeutic activities are discussed at the monthly meetings of the department and thematic classes.
Training structure: the department teaches the basic discipline “General Otorhinolaryngology” and “Private Otorhinolaryngology” for graduates
– Faculty of Medicine
– Faculty of Medicine
– Graduates of TashPMI
The main scientific activities of the department:
Study of the etiology, pathogenesis and development of new effective methods for the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of ENT organs;
Clinical bases of the department:
Education in the magistracy in the specialty “Otorhinolaryngology” is carried out at the Department of Otorhinolaryngology and Dentistry TMA, which is the main base in the ENT departments of the multidisciplinary clinic TMA and its branches.
- consultative ENT clinics at the multidisciplinary clinic TMA
- Republican Scientific Center of Oncology, Department of Neck Head Oncology
- Private clinics “INVIVO”, “PROFMEDSERVICE”, “LORMEDICALSERVICE”
And what about the future?
Good otolaryngologists are always in demand, both private clinics and government agencies need them.
Due to the fact that the profession of an otorhinolaryngologist is inherently connected with technology, it is safe to say that the greatest discoveries and breakthroughs are yet to come. Currently, scientific activity is actively conducted in research institutes and medical centers around the world. Otolaryngologists from different countries exchange their experience and new technologies, look for ways to solve the most complex problems with the hearing aid, throat and ears. Of great interest to specialists is the treatment of oncological ENT diseases, and they are confidently moving towards their goal through research and practice.
Areas of professional activity of graduates:
The scope of the graduate in the specialty includes:
- diagnosis and treatment of infectious-inflammatory, neurological, traumatic and oncological diseases of the ear
- treatment of congenital malformations of ENT organs in children
- diagnosis and treatment of hearing impairment, restoration of the eardrum
- diagnosis and treatment of chronic and recurrent diseases of the nasal cavity and paranasal sinuses, including surgical treatment of nasal breathing disorders
- functional endoscopic surgery of the paranasal sinuses
- surgical operations to correct various types of deformities and pathological conditions of the nasal cavity
- diagnosis and treatment of patients with voice impairment
- treatment of neoplasms of ENT organs, as well as areas of the head and neck of a benign and oncological nature
- treatment of sleep apnea syndrome, surgical treatment of snoring
Types of professional activity for which graduates who have mastered the master’s program are preparing:
- psychological and pedagogical;
- organizational and management